This page shows news items of particular relevance to the Community for School Improvement.
Please click here for the more general NSEAD news page.
Today's top storyNotice of the Annual General Meeting 2013
All members are invited to attend the 125th Annual General Meeting of the National Society for Education in Art and Design.
The AGM will be held in the Willow Building, Oxford Brookes University, Headington Campus, Headington Hill, Oxford OX3 0BP on Saturday 23 March 2013 commencing at 13.30 as part of the annual conference.
1. To record attendance and to receive apologies for absence.
2. President's opening remarks.
3. To approve the minutes of the previous AGM held at the BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead on Saturday 17 March 2012.
4. To consider any matters arising from the minutes.
5. To receive and approve the General Secretary's report for 2011-12.
6. To receive and approve the Honorary Treasurer's report for 2011-12
7. To receive and approve the report of the Auditors for 2011-12
8. To award a Fellowship of the Society
9. To appoint Auditors for the financial year 2012-13.
10.To review the subscriptions for 2013-14
11.To revise Paragraph 6.6 of the Constitution and Rules as follows, adding the words 'Student Teacher Members'
6.6 Eligibility to Vote: All Full Members, Associate Members, Honorary or Student Teacher Members of the Society may vote in Council and Finance and General Purposes Committee elections with the exception of members who are more than six months in arrears in payment of their subscriptions.
This draft agenda for the AGM is made available to all members of the Society in January 2013 to enable members to comply with Rule 4.22 which requires that 'Notice of any motion relative to the Constitution or of any other business shall be delivered in writing to the General Secretary at least 28 days before the AGM i.e Friday 22 February 2013. Any member of the Society may submit a motion for consideration at the AGM through Council. To be eligible for consideration all such motions shall be submitted to the AGM with the support of five members of the Council who shall appoint proposers and seconders.'
The Auditors report will be available on the website in due course.
Information about, and a booking form for the National conference 2013 is available on the CPD section of the website.